Wide range of accredited and non-accredited courses. Includes NSW Licensee training and Advance Licensee training.
FOOD SAFETY SUPERVISOR - AGED CARE & CHILD CARE
Skill Set – HLTSS00061
This Health and Community Food Safety Supervisor course includes all three of the following units:
- HLTFSE001 – Follow basic food safety practices
- HLTFSE007 – Oversee the day-to-day implementation of food safety in the workplace
- HLTFSE005 – Apply and monitor food safety requirements
These three units make up the Food Safety Supervisor Certificate for the health and childcare industry. These units are approved and recognised by every Australian State and Territory. You will receive all three units on the one certificate.
|Cost||$130 only. No more to pay! (inc GST)|
|Unit code & name||HLTFSE001 – Follow basic food safety practices HLTFSE005 – Apply and monitor food safety requirements HLTFSE007 – Oversee the day-to-day implementation of food safety in the workplace|
|Pre-requisite||No previous knowledge or experience required.|
|Delivery||All content delivered online with an offline practical skills demonstration. Please read the assessment tab carefully for more information.|
|Duration||Please allow approximately 18-24 hours to complete your online training course plus supervisor reports. Remember, you are completing 3 units in one course. Please read the assessment tab carefully for more information. From the time of enrolment, you have six weeks to complete your training course.|
|Payment||Mastercard/Visa through our Eway internet payment facility.|
|Qualification||National Statement of Attainment sent by email ONLY.|
|Valid||Valid in all states of Australia in the health & community sector. Please check with your local council or employer to confirm the course you require.|
|Learner’s rights||Click here to read… our student handbook and documents relating to learner’s rights including our complaints and appeals procedure.|
The online component of the course takes approximately 18-24 hours to complete depending on your existing knowledge. Plus the projects, and the completion of the supervisor reports. Please read the assessment tab carefully for more information. No need to finish the course in one session! Log in and out as many times as you like, the system remembers which questions you answered correctly.
You have 6 weeks from the date of enrolment to complete your course. After that, your course will expire, and you will not be able to access it.
Please note there are no refunds if you do not complete your course within this timeframe; however, you can purchase a 14-day extension to extend access to the course which will provide additional time to complete the training. This option is available for 90 days from the original date of expiry.
How Does it Work?
Click Start Now button, enter your details, and proceed to the payment page and pay. After payment, you have immediate access to your My Courses. Click on the name of the course to start. No need to wait for an email with log in details.
The course is broken down into small, manageable sections designed to improve your learning. At the end of each section is a multiple choice quiz. Please read the assessment tab for more information on how the assessment works.
What You Will Learn
In this course, you will learn:
- The obligations of food handlers under current legislation
- The correct ways of food handling and storage
- Potential hygiene risks
- Correct methods of cleaning and sanitising
- The standards of personal hygiene for food handlers
- The risk of food-borne illness (food poisoning)
- Implement and monitor the food safety program
- Identify food hazards
- Monitor food safety hazards
- Record results and monitoring information
- How to communicate food safety requirements and procedures to others in the workplace
- How to ensure that personnel in the food area are supported to meet food safety requirements.
- The recording requirements in relation to food safety according to regulatory standards
- Operational policies and procedures to ensure food safety
Training and assessment is conducted by Clear to Work Pty Ltd RTO 21907.
Your statement of attainment or certificate of completion is issued by Clear to Work Pty Ltd